Monday 28 May 2012

[Everything doTERRA] Re: How to minimize waste using doTERRA oils

If you put Vetiver & Sandlewood in your pocket for abt 15 min or so it
will bring down the viscosity so it will drip out of the doTERRA
bottle.

Heather in WA

On May 28, 7:01 am, TamiB <tamibutterfi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I purchased a dropper cap for my bottle of vetiver. I purchased from
> aroma tools. At first, I really liked it as it made using my vetiver
> much, well, quicker.
> However, I am finding now, when I try to take the lid off, the rubber
> part of the dropper is sticking to the bottle and I have a difficult
> time taking the top off.
> It isn't a perfect solution. I am hoping to find a better quality
> dropper top.
>
> Tami
>
> On May 27, 11:48 am, Kent <k...@roylances.com> wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> > On a separate topic titled "Difference in volume of oil from different
> > droppers" there was a discussion about oil waste and the pros and cons of
> > using droppers.  After a month or two when I first started using doTERRA
> > oils, it became very apparent to me the amount of waste that was occurring
> > as I was using the oils.  It didn't matter how careful I was with
> > dispensing the oil, it was very difficult to avoid waste where the oil
> > would spill down the side with each drop.  It is also very difficult to be
> > precise with the amount of drops; especially, when dropping oils into a
> > capsule.  Unless you carefully wipe off the excess of the oil from the top
> > with some oils like Frankincense, the top becomes sticky, and difficult to
> > use.  I also realized how expensive and valuable some of these oils are,
> > and so it really bothered me when I would see waste; especially, as I
> > watched others (like my kids and friends) try to use these oils.  There is
> > no way around the waste using the existing doTERRA dropper caps.
>
> > So I started to research droppers, and discovered that there were glass
> > droppers, and so I ordered some droppers.  I found it difficult to find the
> > glass dropper by itself for 5 ml bottles and 15 ml bottles, so I ended up
> > buying the bottle with the glass dropper, and that seemed to work the best.
> >  The cost of these bottles and droppers is nothing compared to the waste I
> > saw when using the oils, so it was very easy for me to justify the cost. At
> > Aroma Tools, this is what I bought:
>
> > 9143DROP - 15 ml Blue Glass Vial with Dropper Cap Assembly (1/2 dozen) $5.36http://www.aromatools.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=9143DROP&Search.x=...
>
> > 9155DROP - 5 ml Amber Glass Vials w/ dropper caps - 1/2 doz. $5.25http://www.aromatools.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=9155DROP&Search.x=...
>
> > For filling capsules, I found this product to be incredibly helpful:
> > Cap-M-Quik Capsule Filling Complete Starter Kit size 1  <Cap-M-Quik Capsule
> > Filling Complete Starter Kit size 1http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004CSZGXM/ref=wms_ohs_product>http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004CSZGXM/ref=wms_ohs_product
>
> > I also bought this light to help me be more accurate when filling my
> > capsules
> > Mighty Bright Vusion Craft Lighthttp://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002768HT6/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00
>
> > I save all my bottles and dropper caps, so when I travel, I find it easier
> > and less wasteful to put the doTERRA dropper caps back on the bottle while
> > I am traveling, so when I return home, I replace the doTERRA dropper cap
> > with the glass droppers.
>
> > I figure I have probably saved hundreds of dollars with this approach, and
> > I feel much better about not wasting these valuable oils.  Just remember,
> > if you do decide to take this approach, you have to account for the fact
> > that using glass droppers(especially 5ml glass droppers) uses less oil, and
> > so in many cases, you will need to over compensate and use more drops of
> > oil to be equivalent to the dropper cap recommendations.  Hope this helps
> > others.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://www.everythingdoterra.com

No comments:

Post a Comment