Thursday 20 December 2012

[Everything doTERRA] Re: Are any of the oils safe to put IN the nose???

I have been watching the posts and agree that it is generally not recommended to drop oils into the ear or nose ... part of the reason may be basically because if you drop it in and it burns, you can't dilute it effectively.

That said, and knowing that there are many people here that are not very experienced, I stress the "Caution" notice. 

Having had sinus issues in the past ... sometimes I've just felt so desperate.

My first experience trying them was when I traveled to Utah last Spring and the altitude did its usual number ... normally I have a slightly bloody nose the entire time I'm there.  I put a tiny bit of Helichrysum on a q-tip and added several drops of FCO, then swabbed my nose.  I did it twice and no more bloody nose the entire time I was there.  I have had opportunity to stop a bloody nose on one of my granddaughters too.  I have also used Lavender on an occasion or two. 

My stuffy sinus issues have generally been much better since using a neti type rinse (I don't use a pot; I have a nasal syringe and use a bowl of water).  With a nasty sinus thing that hit me in October I was quite distressed and even though I had in the past had very poor experiences trying to add ONE drop of peroxide (and even alcohol), I decided it couldn't do any more damage than the congestion was causing.  I put a teaspoon of sea salt in my bowl, added one drop Eucalpytus then put in about a quart of water.  There was NO burning and best of all, almost instantaneous relief!  With the viruses (and allergies) going around this year my sinus are under attack so I still rinse at least once a week. I've experimented more and have found that I can use up to 2-3 drops for a quart of water (but often I do 2 quarts of water for a good rinse) ... I've done Eucalyptus, OnGuard, Peppermint, Lavender, Basil, and Breathe.  I must say my favorites are the first three. 

We also use a "Swimmer's Ear" solution (a doctor gave us this recipe) that we soak our ears with (my husband has a tendency to have a huge wax problem) ... equal parts peroxide, alcohol and apple cider vinegar; we keep this solution in a bottle that has a dropper lid.  We lay down and drop into the ear and keep still for 5-10 minutes, then drain.  On a regular basis it seems to dissolve the wax pretty well (sometimes I do an ear flush on my husband or sons though).  I have also used it for ear pain, even though I may be taking something internally, I feel that keeping the canal clear can help the healing.  This week I have had an ear issue, feels clogged and bothersome; besides taking some OG, Oregano & Lemon in a capsule, I decided to do a the soak and put a few drops of a Tinnitus blend that was shared on this site into the bottle of solution (about 1 oz of solution was in the bottle at the time I put in the drops).  I have had not pain with it and feel like its helping!

Again, I stress, we don't use much, these are very delicate tissues we're dealing with ... just saying.  Debbie



On Wednesday, April 11, 2012 8:29:48 PM UTC+2, Elaine wrote:
Strange question, I bet... but I have a cold that is just kicking my butt!  I've been taking capsules every 4 hours with oregano, melaleuca, and On Guard.  I've been rubbing eucalyptus and Breathe all over my throat and sinuses.  I've been attached to my Lotus filled with Breathe, eucalyptus, Purify and On Guard.  I'm taking my LLV.  I don't know how else to kick this!

I was looking at the AromaTools website and saw this:  http://www.aromatools.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=9179&CartID=2
I was wondering if it would be safe to put Breathe and/or eucalyptus mixed with distilled water in one of these nose spray bottles and inhale it?  Anyone with experience using this kind of treatment??

Before anyone suggests it, I'm really not open to the nettle-pot method right now.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Elaine

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://www.everythingdoterra.com
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/everythingdoterra?hl=en.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment