Saturday 29 December 2012

Re: [Everything doTERRA] Re: Mountain rose vs doTerra

For what it is worth I have also gone to a local health foods store (Good Earth) and they have several brands of essential oils for sale all claiming to be 100% pure.  They offer the convenience of having testers of all the oils of all the brands.  NONE of them smell the same as the next even when comparing the same oils of each brand.  The one thing they all had in common was they all smelled weak and had those strange artificial smells that I can't ID.  I've used a lot of brands of oils and that is the thing I've always hated about them.  It wasn't until I smelled doTERRA oils of the kind that I had been using for years that I realized what they were supposed to smell like.  The peppermint smells like peppermint should and doesn't burn my eyes when I rub it on my temples.  For years I thought it was just the way the oil was, but now I've learned that it is the other stuff the other brands use as additives to enhance the smell.  I finally found out what real eucalyptus smells like and I LOVE it.  I can't even stand any other brand now. 

As for the debate of sources for where to find the regulations of essential oils... that's a catch 22.  Essential oil companies don't really want you to know that what they sell isn't subject to regulation and that by law they are only obligated to put 10% oil in their product and they can sell it off as 100% pure.  HOWEVER, it is just that fact that I think companies like doTERRA should be talking about more than they do.  I know that the rep that got me into doTERRA brought this to my attention and it was a main selling point for me.  I'd  been abused by other companies promises of 100% pure too many times and it seemed too good to be true until I did the smell test.  Even then it wasn't until I got the kit that I was able to really do a full comparison against all my other oils.  I have no doubt that what I get from doTERRA is the real deal.  It works better than anything else I've used and it smells better than anything else I've used. 

Also, something my rep keeps reminding me when I ask about the various uses and other oils and whatnot is:  If they don't say it is okay to eat it, it probably isn't 100% pure.  Because if it were, it would be safe to eat.  As by definition an essential oil is just an oil comprised of that plant product, which is usually safe.

Here are a couple sites that are good to keep in mind:
Straight from doTERRA  Also see SAFETY on the same page.
http://www.doterra.com/us/essentialGrades.php
About Young Living which are like doTERRA, but IMO not as nice, though they make similar claims.
http://oilsinstead.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Therapeutic-Grade-Essential-Oils.pdf

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://www.everythingdoterra.com
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/everythingdoterra?hl=en.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment