Saturday 29 December 2012

[Everything doTERRA] Dog Bite Testimonial

I'm SO excited-- just had to share!

On Thursday my hubby got bit by one of our dogs. It was an accidental
bite, but one canine tooth gave him a rather nasty puncture on his
left hand...

I brought him inside right away, flushed it with running water and
then hydrogen peroxide.

I didn't have a lot of time to research, so I just applied some oils
that made sense to me at the time: Clove to help with the pain (he
said it hurt a LOT), lavender, and then melaleuca.

I wrapped it up, and he put his glove back on and headed outside.
Unfortunately, we were in the middle of butchering our hogs and there
was work to be done, regardless of the bum hand.

I got on the computer later that day and checked out the other threads
on this group regarding dog bites. Several folks mentioned Purify and
Frankicense.

I had him come inside several times that day so I could remove the
bandage and apply one drop of Purify and one drop of Frankicense to
the bite.

My one concern was tetanus, so he drove the 40 miles to town at 7 that
evening (poor guy...) to go to a clinic and get a vaccination (we are
not big fans of vaccines, but thought we'd rather be safe than
sorry....)
As luck would have it, the clinic was out of all their tetanus shots.
However, the doctor said that he wasn't overly concerned about tetanus
resulting from a bite. He did give him a presciption for antibiotics
and insisted he fill it.

Hubby brought the unfilled prescription home (we avoid antibiotics at
all costs...) and I stuck it on the fridge--- just in case-- but I was
determined to manage the wound with oils.

I had him soak his hand in epsom salt water that night, and repeated
the Purify and Frank. I continued this protocal throughout Friday--
keeping it clean and bandaged as well.

As I write this, it's Saturday evening (a full 2 days later) and the
bite wound looks AMAZING!
No redness, no bruising, and hardly any swelling. Hubby says that the
Frank helps take away the pain and it's healing like a champ.

I loved the oils before, but I REALLY love them now! It is absolutely
amazing to see them work on a "trauma" wound like this... No
conventional antibiotic ointments, or prescriptions-- just oil.

Sorry if this was a bit rambling-- but I just had to share. ;)

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://www.everythingdoterra.com
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/everythingdoterra?hl=en.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments:

Post a Comment