Wednesday 30 October 2013

Re: [Everything doTERRA] Could oils be causing GERD?

I've always read that mint relaxes the esophageal sphincter and should be avoided if you have GERD. Slim and Sassy may be part of the problem.
I can also say that I have gotten reflux from using too many hot oils internally. For example, my stomach cannot stomach the flu-bomb because of how many drops of hot oils it calls for, especially if I follow the 3 hour regimen. It tears me up inside. I may be able to handle a smaller amount. And I especially cannot take oils in a capsule near bedtime. I have found that when I have gotten myself into the reflux predicament, I take lavender and frankincense internally. It is very healing for me. Then the reflux goes away within a week.
I know nothing about the tea that you are referring to, so I can't give any opinion. I Would take a break from S&S and see if your symptoms clear up. Then if you want to add it back in later, use less and find out what your body can handle. I don't avoid the hot oils. I just use caution because I know that my body has limits.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://www.everythingdoterra.com
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Everything essential" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to Everythingessential+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to Everythingessential@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/Everythingessential.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments:

Post a Comment