Sunday 27 May 2012

Re: [Everything doTERRA] Re: YL Aromatouch like technique?!

I just saw this earlier today, I also was not trying to say that you were slandering, just thought a little history would help. When you speak with the owners you might consider talking with the midwife at the same time.  I have found it can be very helpful to approach from wanting to share EO knowledge in general and let it evolve from there. When you start on the common ground of loving oils it makes it easier to not seem confrontational, not that it is what you intend, but this has worked for me. Hope this helps. I would love to hear an update of how things go!

Sent from my iPhone

On May 27, 2012, at 2:17 PM, Rebecca Farvour <ichooseoils@gmail.com> wrote:

Sorry, didn't mean to imply you were intending to slander--noticed & was impressed that you specifically said you weren't!   It's just in general it doesn't seem a good idea for anyone, doTERRA or not--plus it tends to make people dig in their heels on occasion.  Good luck!

Becky

On Saturday, May 26, 2012 6:16:43 PM UTC-7, kcoapen wrote:
I did mention twice I did not want to slander.  I was looking for
additional talking points.

Thank you.

On May 26, 6:37 pm, Rebecca Farvour <ichooseo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Good advice, Tara.  IMHO if we slander another company it somehow goes
> against the philosophy of doTERRA itself.  My advice would be to let them
> decide on their own, and if they choose YL wish them luck and check back
> every so often to see if they are still satisfied.
>
> Becky
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> On Saturday, May 26, 2012 4:16:28 AM UTC-7, Tara wrote:
>
> > The YL technique is called Raindrop Therapy. It uses similar techniques
> > with the application of oils along the spine, they also state on their
> > website that it includes Vita Flex techniques as part of the process. It is
> > not something that they have just started. It has been around for awhile
> > and I remember one of my massage instructors mentioning it in 2006. It is
> > very popular with massage therapists and I have heard it mentioned in
> > various organizations I am involved with.  BeYoug oils also has  a couple
> > of techniques that are similar and I heard about those in 2006 as well.
> >  Just thought I would share this info so you would know this isn't a new
> > thing for these companies. When you speak with them don't slander, just
> > have them smell and feel the difference. Also show them the research that
> > has been done. If you don't know YL, then say you can't speak to their
> > products, but share your experience with ours and let them know about the
> > AromaTouch, maybe they didn't realize that was an option available.  The
> > reason I say this is because I stayed with another company  and refused to
> > switch because the first person to talk to me was very critical of the oils
> > I was using without ever having used them herself.  Smelling and
> > experiencing and having someone who shared their positive experience was
> > all it took for me to be willing to look and do my own research. I hope
> > this helps and good luck, I am sure you can find a way to make this
> > experience reinforce to the shop owners how great our product is.
>
> > Tara
>
> > On May 25, 2012, at 10:08 PM, kcoapen <kcoakleype...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > I live in a rural area of Ohio.  I have our very small but very
> > > awesome health food store selling the oils.  They know a midwife who
> > > is involved in a soon to be held event near us, teaching how to apply
> > > essential oils to the spine... supposedly they are "flying" someone
> > > in.  I thought to myself "oh this has to be doTERRA".  Not...
>
> > > After searching out this midwife's website and FB page, she is a YL
> > > rep.  So now YL is doing an Aromatouch type technique?! First I've
> > > heard of this and it has me perturbed!
>
> > > I haven't really looked at YL too closely but the whole boswelic acid
> > > issue made it pretty clear they were talking out their *ss.
>
> > > I'm annoyed that this midwife is trying to undercut my doTERRA info to
> > > my healthfood store ladies, who are still new and learning!  I intend
> > > to fill them in tomorrow about what I know about YL.  I really REALLY
> > > hate to slander another company, but everything I have heard about YL
> > > does not inspire confidence.  They are willing to cut corners and
> > > exaggerate truths to make their own products look superior.  Why else
> > > would Dr. Hill and Emily Wright leave them?  I've heard them speak.
> > > They are nothing but authentic and knowledgeable.
>
> > > Again I hate to slander, but the truth is the truth.  Any other quick
> > > talking points I can bring up?
>
> > > Blah...
>
> > > --
> > > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
> > > Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
> > > To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
> > > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> > > everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
> > > For more options, visit this group at
> > >http://www.everythingdoterra.com

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://www.everythingdoterra.com

No comments:

Post a Comment