Saturday 29 September 2012

Re: [Everything doTERRA] Re: Sales Tax on Everything

Makes sense to me, Tara.  I have been charged tax on shipping by other companies as well as dōTERRA, so even tho I don't love the idea, it didn't come as a surprise.  

When I check the 'personal use only' box it either does or does not charge me tax on the difference between wholesale and retail (25 %) so that I don't have to worry about collecting it on any items I sell in person.  I live in the county in WA state and the difference is pretty small, less than $10 per $200 order--worth if for me not to worry about uncle George, or Uncle Sam, coming calling and wanting a piece of my pie! ;-)
Becky

On Friday, September 28, 2012 9:27:25 PM UTC-7, Tara Talmaciu wrote:
I am a tax professional that specializes in state sales taxes. Some states charge sales tax on shipping because it is considered to be part of the sales price of the items sold. Other states do not charge sales tax on shipping charges that are separately stated on the invoice. Each state has different laws. If you have specific questions about your state's laws, contact your state department of revenue. Do not contact IRS as they only administer federal taxes and have nothing to do with state or local taxes.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://www.everythingdoterra.com

No comments:

Post a Comment