Sunday 30 September 2012

[Everything doTERRA] Re: Building on a Budget

Your story is sooo awesome and I know that God is behind you every step of the way. And I truly believe you will get there with God guiding you along the way. I am also a true believer of these oils.

Carol

On Wednesday, September 26, 2012 5:47:05 PM UTC-7, Charly Risenmay wrote:
My story is long and probably not too remarkable compared to some.  But here it is in as short a nutshell as I have.  :)

I was diagnosed with lupus nearly 20 years ago after struggling off and on with health issues since I turned 16.  Prior to that, I had two biological children, many miscarriages, and then a total hysterectomy that resulted in two emergency surgeries when the doctor botched the original surgery.  I was in the hospital for several weeks--I think 6 to 7, but I was unconscious and in ICU for most of that, so I can't remember. It seems to have been a fairly traumatic time for my family, but I have no idea why as I slept through most of it.  Thus began our journey of adoption--most with special needs.  Please note we adopted nine.  We also did respite or over 40 children whose parents were ready to dissolve the adoption.  This makes over 50 children in our home.  50.  Fifty.  Five-Zero.  It should now be clear that my children are not the ones who are impaired mentally.  This is not courageous, this is in fact proof positive that my parents must have dropped me on my head.  Moving on.  We adopted 9 children--some alone, some with siblings, some younger, some older.  Along the way, we lost our business multiple times, I had health problems that continued, and we seemed to have missed the line where they were passing out the finances.  Fast forward to a move from Utah (after 23 years) to Texas four years ago.  Shortly after our move, I decided to go to law school and was accepted on scholarship.  The applicant pool was a little shallow that year, I guess, but then I learned that like 80% of all patients with MCTD, I had been misdiagnosed with lupus when I in fact had mixed connective tissue disease, or MCTD.  No law school.  While MCTD sounded much more benign to me than lupus, I learned that it was not.  I had an overlap disease that included several autoimmune diseases:  lupus, schleroderma, reynaud's, fibro, sjorgrens, arthritis, and a few other goodies affecting my heart, lungs, muscles, etc.  It was debilitating and put me right into bed where I learned to stop kvetching and how to serve others with simple things--a blessing I would not change for anything.  When I got sick enough to stop being a victim, I decided to get my butt going and change my health.  There is no cure for MCTD and the medications were making me more sick.  I was not a fan.  About that same time, we discovered essential oils and what they could do, not just for me, but for my children with special needs--specifically one little guy with bipolar with severe psychosis, Aspergers, and OCD: one powerful little cocktail of fun!  My daughter also had a severe case of ulcerative colitis.  We had little to no money at this point, but decided that it was either pay the doctors or pay the organics counter at the local grocery and doTERRA.  We chose the second option.  A year ago my husband was literally run over by a semi truck on the freeway and though life flight was called, he apparently felt he had other things to do, because he is still walking around.  But it has been a challenge as he suffered a traumatic brain injury and other injuries that changed his personality and precluded him from working for nearly a year.  Again with the no money.  Apparently whatever lesson we were supposed to learn is flashing in bright neon lights over our heads, but we are too distracted and keep missing the show.  Also, just before my daughter had gone on a mission for our church and in order to help pay for that, I had chosen not to keep my car.  So here we are with no car, no money, and a new husband I didn't know anymore.  This is not all bad.  The good thing is that he has short term memory loss as well, so all the mistakes that I make in trying to adjust he just forgets and thinks I'm a much better person than I am.  While delusional, I am kind enough not to disabuse him of this notion.  Why should he have to adjust to even more?!  So to make a long story short--I am building doTERRA because in all of this, I found my passion.  I could spend a whole lot on why it won't work:  no car, no money, a husband who needs me, health problems that slow me down, blah, blah, blah.  But none of that matters because I am building and you can too!  I might be slower than others, but I will get there just the same!  There is NO ONE who can't build this business wherever they are and in whatever circumstances they have!  God has blessed me immensely and miracles are happening just a little at a time!  So go out and build, find a way, and enjoy the journey.  The destination is irrelevant.

Charly



On Sep 23, 2012, at 10:24 PM, Rita wrote:

> Oh thank you. You're a doll.
> I'm sure this will help lots. Would you share your story with me?  With us? Success stories, even when not finished are a great inspiration.
> Thanks again Charly
> Rita
>
> On Sep 23, 2012, at 8:24 PM, Charly Risenmay <doterras...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Here you go!  Have fun and e-mail any new ideas you have!
>
> Charly
>
>
> <doTERRA on a Dime.pdf>

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://www.everythingdoterra.com

No comments:

Post a Comment