Monday 28 May 2012

[Everything doTERRA] Re: How to minimize waste using doTERRA oils

I purchased a dropper cap for my bottle of vetiver. I purchased from
aroma tools. At first, I really liked it as it made using my vetiver
much, well, quicker.
However, I am finding now, when I try to take the lid off, the rubber
part of the dropper is sticking to the bottle and I have a difficult
time taking the top off.
It isn't a perfect solution. I am hoping to find a better quality
dropper top.

Tami

On May 27, 11:48 am, Kent <k...@roylances.com> wrote:
> On a separate topic titled "Difference in volume of oil from different
> droppers" there was a discussion about oil waste and the pros and cons of
> using droppers.  After a month or two when I first started using doTERRA
> oils, it became very apparent to me the amount of waste that was occurring
> as I was using the oils.  It didn't matter how careful I was with
> dispensing the oil, it was very difficult to avoid waste where the oil
> would spill down the side with each drop.  It is also very difficult to be
> precise with the amount of drops; especially, when dropping oils into a
> capsule.  Unless you carefully wipe off the excess of the oil from the top
> with some oils like Frankincense, the top becomes sticky, and difficult to
> use.  I also realized how expensive and valuable some of these oils are,
> and so it really bothered me when I would see waste; especially, as I
> watched others (like my kids and friends) try to use these oils.  There is
> no way around the waste using the existing doTERRA dropper caps.
>
> So I started to research droppers, and discovered that there were glass
> droppers, and so I ordered some droppers.  I found it difficult to find the
> glass dropper by itself for 5 ml bottles and 15 ml bottles, so I ended up
> buying the bottle with the glass dropper, and that seemed to work the best.
>  The cost of these bottles and droppers is nothing compared to the waste I
> saw when using the oils, so it was very easy for me to justify the cost. At
> Aroma Tools, this is what I bought:
>
> 9143DROP - 15 ml Blue Glass Vial with Dropper Cap Assembly (1/2 dozen) $5.36http://www.aromatools.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=9143DROP&Search.x=...
>
> 9155DROP - 5 ml Amber Glass Vials w/ dropper caps - 1/2 doz. $5.25http://www.aromatools.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=9155DROP&Search.x=...
>
> For filling capsules, I found this product to be incredibly helpful:
> Cap-M-Quik Capsule Filling Complete Starter Kit size 1  <Cap-M-Quik Capsule
> Filling Complete Starter Kit size 1http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004CSZGXM/ref=wms_ohs_product>http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004CSZGXM/ref=wms_ohs_product
>
> I also bought this light to help me be more accurate when filling my
> capsules
> Mighty Bright Vusion Craft Lighthttp://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002768HT6/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00
>
> I save all my bottles and dropper caps, so when I travel, I find it easier
> and less wasteful to put the doTERRA dropper caps back on the bottle while
> I am traveling, so when I return home, I replace the doTERRA dropper cap
> with the glass droppers.
>
> I figure I have probably saved hundreds of dollars with this approach, and
> I feel much better about not wasting these valuable oils.  Just remember,
> if you do decide to take this approach, you have to account for the fact
> that using glass droppers(especially 5ml glass droppers) uses less oil, and
> so in many cases, you will need to over compensate and use more drops of
> oil to be equivalent to the dropper cap recommendations.  Hope this helps
> others.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://www.everythingdoterra.com

No comments:

Post a Comment