Saturday 29 November 2014

[Everything doTERRA] Re: A-Fib

I think it's important to keep your doctor informed so that he can prescribe optimum treatment for you when necessary.  Don't get me wrong, I believe in using the oils first most of the time but I believe there is also a place for traditional medicine.  I have A-Fib and am in my early 60's as well.  The concern with A-Fib, especially at our age, is the greater risk of stroke.  For those who don't know, A-Fib is when the heart flutters and also blood tends to pool in the bottom of the heart because the fluttering heart doesn't get it all pumped out like it's supposed to, which increases the risk of clots forming in the pooled blood - that's why the rhythm needs to be maintained.  My stroke risk is increased because I have a more-than-normal amount of platelets, the things that clot the blood.   At least that's how the cardiologist explained it to me when I ended up in the hospital because the rhythm wouldn't get back to normal. At this time I'm off all meds (cardiologist approved) but have emergency meds for rhythm if I have a sustained episode for which the oils don't help me. Thankfully, my "episodes" are few and far between now.

Black Pepper is on my December LRP order and I already have the bergamot so I'm looking forward to trying them the next time I have an "episode."

On Thursday, November 27, 2014 10:02:58 AM UTC-6, pianobook wrote:
Janet, 
Does your sister take any medications or is she controlling the AFIB with just the oils.  I have occasional rapid heart rate, my mother had AFIB and used medications.  I'd like to sidestep that if possible.   I don't think the meds really did a whole lot to help her in the long run.  I've had rapid heart rate since I was very young.  In my 60's now and don't know if I should address this issue or not with the doctor.
Jeanne

On Sunday, November 23, 2014 7:43:00 AM UTC-7, Theresa Mckinley wrote:
I am looking for treatment options to help my loved ones with atrial fibrillation.  All I am finding is broad spectrum cardiac suggestions.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://www.everythingdoterra.com
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Everything essential" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to Everythingessential+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to Everythingessential@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/Everythingessential.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment