Thursday 26 April 2012

[Everything doTERRA] Re: Peppermint and Fevers

Peppermint is cooling to the body and because of this as well as the
body aching that can accompany a fever it helps with all of this for
me...I don't think having a fever is necessarily a bad thing but I do
know that when the fever gets high enough there is cause for concern,
103-104 degrees is a significant fever for anyone and can cause brain
damage so in my experience in using peppermint for fever it helps
alleviate the aches, pains and extreme heat coming from the body and
allow the person affected to rest comfortably instead of being
miserable from the fever...for me it acts like a natural air
conditioner for my body.

Sorry, I don't have a scientific explanation but hopefully someone
else will...

On Apr 27, 12:55 am, Gretchen <prvb...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Question: How do YOU explain how Peppermint fights fevers? I had
> someone concerned tonight at my class about killing the fever when the
> fever really is such a great tool our body uses to fight infection/
> illness on its own. I totally agree with her and I have never given my
> kids anything for their fevers, however lots of parents get nervous
> with fevers and want something. Curious how others answer this
> question.
>
> I told her I felt the Peppermint helped open the body's pores to
> release heat, it didn't really kill the fever. Thoughts?

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://www.everythingdoterra.com

No comments:

Post a Comment