Wednesday 4 April 2012

[Everything doTERRA] Re: Looking for midwife referrals in SLC, Utah!

How exciting for you! I wish these oils where in my life with my first
pregnancy!

Are you looking for home birth midwife or a CNM (certified nurse
midwife) who practices in a hospital? Either way, if you want a
practitioner who is truly supportive of normal pregnancy and labor I
would seek out homebirth midwives. Even if you want to birth in the
hospital they generally know the practitioners, OB or CNM, who are
comfortable using natural/alternative means of healing and coping
during pregnancy and labor. Every Midwife I have ever met was happy to
help with questions like that. I always get my pediatrician referrals
from Midwives.

My personal advice is to decide what you want your experience to be
and then find the practitioner who will support you. Much more
important than their title is their belief system about women and
birthing. I have interacted with some CNMs who were very willing to
intervene as a matter of course and had almost contempt for women, and
I have interacted with Obs who were patient and wise and willing to
sit on their hands a let the woman labor : ) I have seen CNMs who are
there to catch the baby (and not a moment before), and I have seen OBs
that give their clients their personal # so they aren't dependent on
the nurse to call for them. (A very good thing!)

Obviously, there are wonderful CNMs and less wonderful OBs,. I have
had two babies at home and one baby in a hospital. When seeking a new
practitioner (because I moved) I interviewed several before making my
choice. If they aren't willing to see you in the context, before you
actually become their client, that would raise a red flag for me.

I really focus on the relationship I have with my practitioner. You
are inviting this person to one of the most intimate experiences of
your life. Should any complications arise, you want someone you trust.
My husband and make it a matter of prayer.
Every notice how people are full of advice when your expecting? : )

I hope this helps. Enjoy your pregnancy!


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://www.everythingdoterra.com

No comments:

Post a Comment