Wednesday 31 October 2012

Re: [Everything doTERRA] Re: Who gets Enrollment

Pat,

Thank you for your thorough response on how to handle "taken" enrollments.

I feel so happy to know that we CAN be successful IPC's without resorting to inappropriate methods of enrolling.

On Oct 31, 2012 3:14 AM, "Patricia Leavitt" <doterradiscover@gmail.com> wrote:
Nikki,
Great insight and thank you for sharing. I am a huge advocate of "Bloom Where You Are Planted". A true leader does not need an "upline".  Sure it helps and is wonderful to have a mentor and someone to guide you. But if your upline isn't there for you then find the tools online, there are a lot of them.

Pat

On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 10:05 PM, Monica Molinar <monicamolinar@doterrawellness.org> wrote:

Thanks so much, Nikki!  PLEASE contact me directly via email when you get a chance. .. I would be so grateful for you help! :-)

On Oct 30, 2012 8:01 PM, "Nikki" <nikkizachary@hotmail.com> wrote:

Monica,

We were taught the same way and did as you did! It did not feel right taking enrollments that belonged to someone else, it did not matter if we were doing all the work or teaching the classes. There were times when it was tough financially but in the end it always works out for the benefit of everyone.

I think it is wrong to take enrollments unless the person that introduced these people understands what they are losing. Fast start is nothing compared to the residual income that comes from the unilevel. As a leader we want people to have this, and we want to help them become successful. Our upline was taught to do as we both were and she does take all enrollments. This has not only caused a lot of people to dislike doterra and fall away but it has really hurt our business. What I advised her on was this, the reason why it takes most people a few years to build a successful organization is because they do it right, not saying people that do it in a year do it wrong. If you are finding your own contacts and working with them then you will be successful. However, if you are teaching classes for other people and taking their enrollments because they are not building or sharing as fast as we would want them too, is WRONG. From day one what we were taught to do felt wrong and we did not do it, today I am so thankful that we have build organically. I would rather build slow and sturdy, than fast and dishonest. I teach all my leaders and organization, do not sell your soul for a penny!! We have been with doTerra for 10 months and just about to hit GOLD. We did it with NO upline and NO support! BUT WE DID IT RIGHT! And to us that is what matters most. I have found that if people understand the product, they will share it. And worse case if you don't have someone enrollment and their enroller doesn't do the business, it is still our obligation to help them. I work with people 9 levels down... I don't get paid for a few people, but they want to do the business and I want to help them reach their goals. I teach everyone to follow their gut instinct, if you don't feel right about something, speak with your mentor and figure out why.

Monica, I believe if you teach product and opportunity you will find greater success with people wanting to build. I would love to help you anyway I can with this... It was tricky for us but we figured it out and it works great!!

 
Good luck
 
 
 

On Tuesday, October 30, 2012 10:33:12 AM UTC-7, Monica Molinar wrote:

I would like to "chime in" to this discussion.

I have been with doTERRA since the very beginning. My Upline taught me the following method of enrolling new members:

When I am personally working with someone, I keep the enrollment and - if I wish to place that new member under someone else as the sponsor, I may do so.

If a member on my team  wants me to teach an EO class for them (where I am doing all the work), I keep the enrollments and may place folks under that host as sponsor....

Until...

The host is a qualified builder (meaning that he or she is maintaining a $150 PV LRP monthly order and agrees to train his/her people and their people, etc), in which case the host is responsible for class prep and is willing to help teach the class by the second one, and teach alone by 3rd class... Training new folks the same way.

The REASON given for this format was that when the host is not actively engaged in building a business but you are, that ENROLLERSHIP is where you (as a builder) will be able to advance in rank with the company, and since you are actively building,  you need the enrollership... And for those who "get" the compensation plan, it can be very motivating for your people to know that when they start sharing and teaching about the oils, they too can earn that Fast Start Bonus. ... Which is true...

Now, did I do it this way? Nope. At the time that I was being trained, I thought that keeping the enrollership for myself felt greedy, so I always gave the enrollership to whomever I was doing classes for, whether or not they were truly building a business,  or had any interest in following up with their people. .. Training. .. Etc.

Nearly all of those who were on LRP got their Fast Start Bonus and then essentially dropped the ball as far as continued team building. In some cases, I even gave enrollership and sponsorship to others on my team who weren't even at a class, in the hope that the "gift" would inspire them to be more active, but that was not the result.

Now, after having been with doTERRA for 4 years, I have over 100 people on my "team" and I am presently the only active builder. Since I did not follow my Upline's format, nor did I train my folks to do likewise,  my income barely exceeds my LRP orders, while my Upline has achieved Presidential Diamond... And we joined doTERRA at essentially the same time.

In talking with her about these issues awhile back, My Upline leader acknowledged my generosity, but also let me know that in so doing (as opposed to following her training ), Not only had I not trained my folks to be leaders in their own right, but I had also limited my ability to achieving rank, because keeping those enrollerships until I have true builders makes all the difference. 

So, I think the "moral of the story" is that there are no hard and fast rules.

In the case of your Upline who kept the forms and enrollerships, perhaps that is what she was taught (as was I), and maybe that was done because - for whatever reason - you are not thought of as a leader (yet)... I am NOT saying that is OK, I am just saying that is how I was taught,  and perhaps your leader was taught the same way....

For future events, whether you are the host and someone else is teaching, or vice-versa, I suggest that the issue of who is to keep enrollership - and sponsorship placement - be sorted out and agreed to, well before the event.

I have learned, through trial and error, that pre-planning and open discussion (both with Upline and Downline) is incredibly important.

I have not done classes in quite awhile,  as I have been sorting through how (and indeed if) I truly intend to build my doTERRA business. 

I have a class scheduled for the this coming Saturday, with one of the members of my team hosting. She has not indicted to me that she wants to build a doTERRA business,  but she does enjoy hosting parties, and the event is totally her idea.

This discussion has inspired me to have a pre-event conversation with the host to determine the handling of any orders or enrollments prior to the event, and I view this as a good opportunity to discover whether or not she wishes to be a host or step up to be a leader... I will let you all know how it shakes out.

Thanks for bringing this issue to this forum. I am certain that many of us have experiences with this that have impacted us in many ways.

Monica Molinar

On Oct 30, 2012 6:46 AM, "Jeannie" <jeanni...@gmail.com> wrote:
Renee, I thinks its great you're going to call and confront her but in my experience with people, she is not going to hand these enrollments back over.  She is unethical and greedy so be ready for that.  I have called corporate about this issue and discussed it with them.  Their  response was "We would love to do a training with the upline of this woman in order to get it all figured out, I will need some names in order to take action".  
 
For your future and others that come into doTerra under with upline, its crucial you escalate up to corporate. 

On Monday, October 29, 2012 11:07:14 AM UTC-4, Renee wrote:
Hello!
 
I'm new here and so glad I found this group.  I have learned more here in a week then I have in the past 4 months.  I have a question about who gets enrollments.  We just did a crazy weekend with 4 classes all over the state.  My upline took all the forms and said she would divide them equally so that its fair to everyone.  This has not turned out well in the past... and this time was no exception.  She took every enroller spot and placed people under us as sponsors.  She said that if we 'step up' she will transfer the enroller to us in a month or 2.  From reading here I don't think she can move anyone after the first 30 days, and even if she did we would not get a bonus, so whats the deal about 'transferring enrollment'?
 
Also there were a few people that I closed with the Natural Solutions kit and I won't get any bonus at all because she entered herself as enroller - correct? 
 
She also placed people that I am working with under completely different legs then me for the 'benefit of the group', but said I need to keep working with them because it will work out in the end??  I won't get a bonus or anything from working with them right?  I will just help this other IPC (her daughter) get a bonus?  I love the new friends I have made and will continue to work with them, its not all about the bonuses.  I have been blessed with great friendships with the people I have sold kits to.  I just think my upline has been lying to me all along and am trying to figure out the truth before I confront her.  
 
Sorry for all the questions - I've been doing this for 4 months and have not received a single fast start bonus.  I just figured out why and now have to review everything else I've been told to see if it is right or wrong.
 
Thanks everyone!!
 
Renee

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
To post to this group, send email to everythi...@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
everythingdote...@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://www.everythingdoterra.com

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://www.everythingdoterra.com

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://www.everythingdoterra.com



--
PAT LEAVITT
FOUNDING DIAMOND CONSULTANT

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://www.everythingdoterra.com

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://www.everythingdoterra.com

No comments:

Post a Comment