Sunday 29 September 2013

[Everything doTERRA] Re: The rash I developed using Doterra's Clearskin foaming wash

For some who have been using over the counter skin care products or make up, rashes and/or breakouts can occur when they start using our essential oils and oil enhanced products. This is because a certain amount petroleum-based and synthetic chemicals from products they've been using can lodge in the outer layers of the skin and the clearing action of the oils in combination with those chemicals can create an uncomfortable situation in the process.

Of course, I have no way of knowing if this is what is going on for you but it might be worthwhile to simply cleanse with EVCO or FCO for several days and then try the doTERRA skin care system.

You didn't mention if you use the toner and/or one of the moisturizers. The toner is important because it returns the skin to the correct pH after cleansing and the moisturizers help replenish the naturally protective lubricating emollients that keep skin happy.

On Friday, September 27, 2013 5:01:52 PM UTC-7, pugg...@gmail.com wrote:
Hey everyone! 
 I was encouraged to post this and let you all know about my somewhat unpleasant experience with Doterra's Clearskin foaming wash.

So I have been using the Clear Skin foaming wash for the past week and I started to break into a rash around my mouth.  My husband also would experience dryness and slight  irritation right after using the wash at night.

  I have had this reaction before when using a toothpaste that contained lauryl sulfate.  The allergic reaction I had was called Perioral dermatitis.  It can happen in people, usually women, with sensitive skin when using certain chemicals.  Before I switched to Doterra's Clearskin wash I used just the regular, unatural Clean and Clear face wash purchased at any grocery store and my skin never had a negative response to this.

The perioral dermatitis rash unfortunately can be extreme, embarrassing, and not to mention it takes awhile to go away! I have stopped using my wash and have been using plenty of coconut and lavender essential oil to speed up the healing.  My face this morning finally stopped flaring up and now it looks like it's starting to heal.  

I realize lauryl sulfate isn't an ingredient in the Clearskin wash, but as I did extensive research on the washes components and I found that it contains Butylene Glycol.  I did more research and I found this is an ingredient to stay away from.

I realize I have very sensitive skin and that other people may not have a reaction like I do but I just thought I would let you know so that you are aware if you come across this problem with a user.

Below is a paragraph I copied and pasted from just one article I found online as well as the link to the site, but there are plenty more.  So feel free to do your
own research! 

"Petroleum and Mineral Oil Derived Ingredients
A by-product of the distillation of gasoline, these ingredients will quickly rob your skin of its glowing beauty! Many cosmetic companies love to use petroleum-derived ingredients because they are cheap, have no odor and they never go rancid. However, petroleum/mineral oil forms a film on the surface of your skin akin to plastic wrap. (Yes, plastic is made from oil, too!) This film does lock in moisture—but it also blocks pores, traps dirt and bacteria and ultimately accelerates the aging of the skin because oxygen cannot pass through. Yikes! Look for natural plant oils for skin nourishment, instead. Some cosmetic companies do a good job keeping their petroleum and mineral oil derived ingredients under wraps so look for these common petrochemical ingredients: 

Propylene Glycol, Parraffin, Mineral Oil, Butylene Glycol, Isopropyl Alcohol and Petrolatum."


 


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://www.everythingdoterra.com
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Everything essential" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to Everythingessential+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to Everythingessential@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/Everythingessential.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments:

Post a Comment