Monday 30 September 2013

[Everything doTERRA] Re: Reaction to Melaleuca

I would just not use it, at least not topically. I have a friend that is severely allergic to lavender and I didn't think the oil would bother her but her throat closed and she broke out in hives!

On Thursday, September 26, 2013 6:28:00 AM UTC-4, nutrition.goddessWV wrote:
Have any of you ever heard of anyone having a reaction to melaleuca?
I am now certain I am reacting to it!  I have had several instances where I applied Melaleuca topically (both neat & with FCO) with one other oil and then experienced severe swelling &/or rash. The other night I applied Melaleuca & Lavender (neat) to a blemish on my temple area before I went to bed. I woke up with a large, red raised swollen area on my entire temple. The swelling increased and it became itchy & painful as the day passed. It's still swollen & sore this am & the swelling is now affecting my eye area. I tried using ice packs last night, but it really did not help with the swelling. I also used lemon in my water all day. My upline advised I report this reaction to product support.  ( I do have very sensitive skin & I am allergic to Triple Antibiotic -neosporin- Ointment.)
I welcome any advice? Pat?

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://www.everythingdoterra.com
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Everything essential" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to Everythingessential+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to Everythingessential@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/Everythingessential.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments:

Post a Comment