Thursday 28 February 2013

[Everything doTERRA] Re: tracking business costs

I write off a percentage of my oils say about 30% because I feel I can legitimately say that I share samples of at least 30% of what I buy.  Since I don't usually share my supplements or spa products, I don't include those.  Oils only.  I find it impossible to keep track of exactly how many drops I've shared.  There are so many times I open a bottle and share a drop with someone at any given time. What if it's one of those occasions it just pours out and you can't get an exact count.  I can't imagine trying to track that, but I'm sure people do.  This is not legal advise.  Just a way I've chosen to do it. 

On Monday, March 26, 2012 8:04:41 AM UTC-7, Cathy wrote:
Hi there!  This is a question for those of you who do doTerra as a
business.  I am a fairly new IPC.  I have run small businesses in the
past and have a good idea of which expenses/receipts to keep track of
for tax purposes.  However,  I'm having a hard time figuring out how
to keep track of my expenses associated with handing out samples.
Obviously, I keep receipts for any sample bottles/labels, but at this
point, I'm giving samples out of my own personal oils.  Any
suggestions on keeping track of the cost of oils being given out as
samples versus the oils you are buying for personal use?  Thanks!

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://www.everythingdoterra.com
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Everything essential" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to Everythingessential+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to Everythingessential@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/Everythingessential?hl=en.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment