Monday 30 July 2012

Re: [Everything doTERRA] Whooping Cough

My 2 yr old daughter and I both just recovered from whooping cough using only essential oils and natural products.  It is known as the 100 day cough and we are almost completely done coughing after only 6 weeks, compared with the 3-4 months I was told to expect.  

I am not a doctor, so remember this is just my experience.  Please know that my daughter has used oils since the day she was born, and all through my pregnancy, so I do not really dilute as much as other people may recommend.  I think you really have to use the oils based on your own children and exposure.  

For my daughter I would layer Thyme, Cypress and Eucalyptus on her chest with FCO and apply a warm compress until it was cool.  We did this every hour she was awake.

On the half hour between the compress I would alternate every other time applying OnGuard or Oregano with FCO to her feet.  I only used the Oregano for the initial 5 days of the cough, then I would use only OnGuard for 10 days before resuming alternating for another 5 days.  At this time I would also give her 3-4 droppers of colloidal silver.  

We diffused Lemongrass or Breathe all day and all night throughout our house.  

I also gave her a probiotic daily.  I used DigestZen when her stomach was upset and also at night because her coughing would sometimes be so severe that she would vomit at the end, this seemed to help reduce that.  

The only way I varied this for myself as an adult was to take the Oregano in a capsule.  

I would be happy to answer any questions you have about what I used, how I used it, or why I used it.  I hope this helps, it is so hard to watch your child suffer through these things, but what a blessing to be able to support and aid them in recovery naturally.  


On Jul 30, 2012, at 4:04 PM, Lori Quinton wrote:

I have read past posts with this concern, but I have not seen any success replies from those with the original concern.  Great advice is always given, but what are the success stories? 

I personally may have a 4 yr old and 20 month old with it or pneumonia.  I will be doing a chest x-ray on one this week.  Most who have this are under 6 yrs old and I am interested in oils / blends that are safe for small children.  I realize many of us here are not trained physicians, but I know there has to be someone here that has experience. =)

Lori Q.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://www.everythingdoterra.com




No comments:

Post a Comment