Sunday 20 January 2013

[Everything doTERRA] Re: Acid Reflux: Peppermint candy vs. EO peppermint

Before I was "cured" of my severe heart burn/hietal hernia by a pregnancy, I literally craved peppermint.  I had severe acid where if I drank water, I could throw up.  I lived off of peppermint candies, and ate toothpaste when I ran out of candies.  I found out about 10 years later why this was.  I continued to eat the candy because it just soothed my stomach, but I stopped when I cut out refined sugar, and took vinegar instead if I ever had too, but it is VERY rare.   Not too long ago the doctor was telling me I had something (globu something or other), that made me feel like I had something stuck in my throat, and it was like a reflux and the doctor said don't use peppermint for heart burn because it relaxes the "flap muscle" that keeps the acid out and therefore will send the acid back up, and this would make my symptom worse.  I don't listen very well.  I started using Digestzen, and Peppermint, and don't have the "lump" in my throat anymore, but still have digestive issues with certain foods.
 
 
On Saturday, January 19, 2013 4:28:46 PM UTC-7, Mary McCabe wrote:
Hi all,
 
  Much of the time, I suffer from indigestion (acid reflux) or heartburn so badly that I wake up in middle of night and even throw up at times.  I have heard that doctors tell their patients to reframe from peppermint candy and/or chocolate in any form.  Do you long-time EO users think that peppermint EO would have the same effect on an acid reflux patient as peppermint candy?  Seems like I read recently that peppermint EO could be one of the cures for acid reflux.  I would appreciate any of your thoughts re. this subject.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://www.everythingdoterra.com
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Everything essential" group.
To post to this group, send email to Everythingessential@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to Everythingessential+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/Everythingessential?hl=en.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment