Saturday 19 January 2013

[Everything doTERRA] Shingles

Hi All!  I wanted to tell you what I've done with the Shingles I got this past holiday season and I have a question for a customer.

I had a horrible headache and my body ached for a few days.  PastTense really helped with my headache, and I used Deep Blue Rub and Wintergreen on my body aches.  A few days later I noticed a spot on the palm of my hand.  Because I also had a fever, and runny/stuffy nose I started diffusing peppermint and applying it to my spine.  I also applied Breathe to my chest and the Flu Shot combo to my feet alternating with OnGuard.  When I put OnGuard on my feet, some of it would get on this spot on my palm which would make it burn a little.  I noticed the spot getting worse with little blisters under the skin, so I decided to use Aquaphor healing ointment on it.  There was no relief and I ended up putting cortisone which had no relief either.

New Years day I decided to ask family members what they thought this spot could be.  We took a picture of it and sent it to friends that are nurses.  With just the picture and a few questions they thought it could be a Staff infection.  I then called my doctor's office and spoke with the doctor on call.  He recommend I come in the next morning.  That evening on my way home I decided to call a family friend doctor and went to his house.  He and his wife(a nurse) listened to my symptoms and looked it over.  They both concluded it was Shingles and prescribed Valtrex to stop it from growing.  I looked in the ME book and started applying Melaleuca and Lavender.  I found immediate relief and the blisters never burst.  After looking though Everything Essential I decided to get Marjoram on my next LRP which was going out the next day.  The spot dried up by the time the Marjoram came in and I found it did nothing for it by that time.  I am now using Frankincense to help with skin recovery.

Here is a question for a customer.  He has an incredibly stressful job and his shingles, which cover his backside, keep coming back.  He is asking for something to prevent them from reoccurring.  My first thought is something to help reduce his stress level, Serenity or Citrus Bliss maybe?  Or would Frankincense be something he could apply?  I don't know.  Any answers or thoughts on the matter would be greatly appreciative.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://www.everythingdoterra.com
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Everything essential" group.
To post to this group, send email to Everythingessential@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to Everythingessential+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/Everythingessential?hl=en.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment