If it was me I would take a pinky swish of frankincense and lavender and
some FCO and apply it. I would also take a look at the food you are
feeding the puppy and make sure that the first ingredient is lamb and
there is no wheat or corn in it. Brown rice is fine. If you are feeding
Science Diet, switch. Brands I like are Natural Balance and NutroMaxx
but there are other available at Petco/smart.
You can also get a spray bottle with water and add a little lavender and
spray her for the itching.
So demodex is pretty common, if I remember correctly it is transferred
from mom to pup during the birthing process and is an indication of a
weakened immune system. It takes a long time for the hair to grow back
even after the mites have gone.
gin
PS - I should add I raised and showed bull terriers for many years.
There isn't a single top breeder that I know that feeds Science Diet
(even those who work for vets or are vets) or grocery store food.
On 11/22/2012 8:35 AM, Rex James (everythingessential) wrote:
> Please tell me what oils I should use on my puppy who has mange around
> her eye! I took her to the vet a few weeks ago, and he thought it was
> something else and treated it with a cortizone shot and antibiotics.
> After the antibiotics were gone, the patch around her eye is not
> better, so I did some research online and found that demodectic mange
> can cause hair to thin around a puppy's eyes, and that's exactly
> what's happening around Lola's eye. She's also very itchy all over.
> I don't want to treat her with chemicals, and the mange shampoo would
> hurt her eyes!
> Is there anything that I could put on her and treat her with for these
> mites that cause mange, that wouldn't be too harsh to put around her
> eye? Or what else can I do using my DoTerra oils? I have every one
> of them and have used them myself for various problems with great success.
> Please help! Marci (posted for Marci from EverythingEssential.me)
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
> Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
> To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://www.everythingdoterra.com
> ---
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
> Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
> To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com.
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
> Visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/everythingdoterra?hl=en.
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
>
>
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://www.everythingdoterra.com
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/everythingdoterra?hl=en.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
No comments:
Post a Comment