Friday 18 May 2012

[Everything doTERRA] Re: Tightening Serum

I haven't checked those ingredients but I wouldn't like seeing an "8"
in a product.

I did check out all the ingredients in the Deep Blue Rub and thought
some were things I'd rather not have on my body, but I don't think
there was anything higher than a "6".

Here is info on how EWG does their rating. I think it's pretty
intense.

http://www.ewg.org/skindeep/site/about.php

I have never asked about DoTerra's knowledge of safety of cosmetic
ingredients - does anyone know anything about that?

I have seen their statement that they try to use only the safest
ingredients in the catalog. Is there other information somewhere
else?

On May 18, 4:02 pm, Jackie <jackieloveso...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks, everyone.  I will think on these things.There could be some
> angle I'm missing (for example, maybe the retinol palmitate isn't
> harmful when mixed with one of the other ingredients? Or maybe it's a
> different form of it that isn't harmful?).  I don't know and am not a
> chemist; am just trying to make sure that anything I use or recommend
> to someone else is as close to 100% safe as possible. I have friends
> who check labels and ingredients, and want to be prepared in case such
> a question is posed to me, too. I'll definitely send my question to
> service...
>
> On May 17, 8:59 pm, Jan Meredith <janessenti...@peak.org> wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> > I recently saw a reply from Rob Young to the question of ingredients
> > in our skin care products. In essence he said there are many different
> > list of good and bad ingredients with a fair amount of conflicting
> > information.
>
> > I guess it's another case of making choosing your expert and how you
> > do that. For me, it's based on education and verified by my intuition,
> > instincts and results I get. Our skin care products passes those tests
> > with flying colors.
> > Jan
>
> > On May 17, 10:31 am, Jackie <jackieloveso...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > I love doTERRA and their commitment to purity in their oils, so I was
> > > a little disappointed when I received my tightening serum and looked
> > > up some of the ingredients on EWG.org for safety.  One of them, the
> > > retinol palmitate, has a score of 8 which is in their danger zone. The
> > > PEG-40 hydrogenated castor oil has a score of 4-6, and phenoxyethanol
> > > is rated 3-4 and hexylene glycol is also rated a 4. The 3-4 scores
> > > aren't totally horrendous, but my personal goal is to purchase only
> > > skin products with ratings of 0-2 which are judged as being very safe.
> > > I have total confidence in the oils, but now, not in this product or
> > > the other skin products; how can I in good conscience encourage others
> > > to buy them? What happened to "none of the bad stuff"?  I would feel
> > > more confident if doTerra would have their skin care products
> > > evaluated by EWG, which is a non-profit organization with no bias.
> > > There may not even be a charge for them to do so. I am really in a
> > > quandry now; do I tell people the oils are great, but stay away from
> > > the other products? This doesn't make sense to me. Anyone have any
> > > thoughts on this, or is there something I'm missing?- Hide quoted text -
>
> > - Show quoted text -

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://www.everythingdoterra.com

No comments:

Post a Comment