Sunday 6 May 2012

[Everything doTERRA] Breathe helped me stop a panic attack!

I wanted to share my experience, in case anyone suffering from the
same issue could benefit.

Over the last couple years, I have started having panic attacks -
always at night, in the darkness. Never in the daytime.

For about a year, I used Alprazolam but wanted to stop taking it
because I was having alot of side effects. My last dose of it was
Jan. 28 and I had been doing pretty good since then. I'm not entirely
sure of the origins of my panic attacks but I have a sick mother and
am pre-menopausal so I have considered those things to be
contributors.

I have been working the Mood Matrix oils for various stressors (like
when my mom has to go to the doctor or hospital for treatment), and
they do seem to give me some relief although I have still not found
the perfect combination for all my situations.

For the last couple weeks, (as it has been getting warmer and more
humid outside, therefore stuffier inside), I have been noticing that
sickening feeling of panic creeping up on me at night. I hate to say
it makes me afraid of the dark but what happens to me is when the
house is warm and I am worrying about something, then shut the lights
off, I begin to feel like I am suffocating. I have gotten up a
number of times and lay on the sofa half the night because there tends
to be more light in there at night - isn't that strange...

Anyhow, because I tend to feel breathless during the early stages of
my panic attacks (and I have not had a full blown one yet), I decided
to try some Breathe on my chest and then I swipe the residue on my
fingertips underneath my nose, and then concentrate on breathing
deeply for a few moments and I can say truly that it seems to
eliminate it. I have also applied this *before* I feel any nerves
starting up at night, in an attempt to quash it before it starts:
maybe an hour or so before I am going to lay down in bed.

I wanted to share this experince in case anybody else is still
searching the various oils for something to help with panic.

Janice

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://www.everythingdoterra.com

No comments:

Post a Comment