Monday 2 April 2012

Re: [Everything doTERRA] ALLERGIC to Slim and Sassy

I don't know much about the role of with fibro other than it is an old
theory that seems to have fallen out of favor.
http://web.mit.edu/london/www/guai.html I know they buy into it at the
Fibromyalgia & Fatigue Centers which seem to have the highest success
rate (other than doterra).
I can say that I have a love/hate relationship with Slim & Sassy.
It works great for 80% of people but unfortunately people with
autoimmune issues (fibro) have to start back much further than S&S,
i.e., depending on their diet they have to do the cleanse & renew and
LLV or start with Terrazyme, then Zendocrine, then Cleanse & Renew (all
while taking LLV). So I see a lot of people who want to lose weight so
desperately they want to start with S&S and then it doesn't work because
all the other issues have to be addressed first.
That said, I don't use S&S unless I take it with food. I get a little
lightheaded and shaky but my metabolism is very high (no this doesn't
mean I don't struggle with my weight). Or perhaps I should say my body
processes many things very very quickly. During surgery they have to
watch me because I have a tendency to wake up in the middle as an
example. I have one of my friends who also had the same reaction. S&S is
a big blend. It has two powerful detox plus blood sugar stabilizing
oils. I think for some it is too much of a good thing. I don't think it
means allergic, it just means sensitive. Frequently people who are
sensitive to it can go back and use it later after being on LLV for a
while and more exposure to oils.
I will also say that candida is always present in people with
fibromyalgia and I notice more of a reaction to S&S in people with
candida. Candida does fight back and it doesn't play fair.
gin

On 4/2/2012 10:51 AM, Sharla Snow wrote:
> I received the question/email below from a new IPC that just started
> using Slim and Sassy. I am formulating my response, and would love
> your input. I have received MIXED answers about the oils "allergic"
> properties. I remember reading somewhere that someone heard Dr. Hill
> state that "there are no allergic reactions, only toxic
> reactions" (paraphrasing and don't remember the source). Then, I read
> from another IPC that is possible, by highly unlikely. I know I have
> PERSONALLY never seen anyone experience an allergic reaction. If this
> is the case, it will be my first. I would love your thoughts on how
> to respond.
>
> HERE IS THE EMAIL:
> --------------------------------
> I had a temporary setback last week. I found that I'm allergic to
> salicylates which are high in essential oils. I started taking the
> slim and sassy internally 1/2 the dose and got really sick, My heart
> began racing and I just got really exhausted and sick to my stomach. I
> don't seem to have a problem putting the other ones on the skin and my
> family has used them and like them. I'm just having to figure out a
> way to get excited about them again, When I went to the meeting at
> your clinic she said the word salicylate in regard to one of the
> properties in the oils and I remember a book I read on Fibromyalgia
> that some people are very sensitive to them and try to eliminate as
> many as possible. I got sick that night and made the connection so I
> stopped taking the slim and sassy, which is all I was taking, waited a
> day til I was feeling better took a 1/2 dose and had the same symptoms
> that night, couldn't sleep, racing heart, fatigue, this is something
> that everyone in this business needs to be aware of, you can die from
> it if you're really sensitive to them although that is rare I'm sure.
> ---------------------------------
>
> THANKS EVERYONE!
>

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://www.everythingdoterra.com

No comments:

Post a Comment