Wednesday 11 April 2012

[Everything doTERRA] Re: A Drs comments to his patient about EOs

NE Ohio, east of Cleveland?

On Apr 11, 1:04 pm, Rachel Hall <i...@expectingwell.com> wrote:
> When interacting with a doctor about oils, keep in mind they have as
> little, if not less, exposure to EOs as any other new touch.  So
> approach them keeping in mind their lack of knowledge, as well as the
> fact they are probably wearing blinders and will be very resistant and
> questioning, possibly even dismissive.  If they are the latter, they
> will need an even softer kid glove treatment than those who are narrow
> focused and resistant.  I am pretty open to complementary/alternative
> therapies, but even I resisted, and sat at my first class with my arms
> crossed and my head cocked back.
>
> Your biggest assest will be the evidence.  We are taught evidence
> based medicine, so if you show all the research and have a good
> understanding of it, that will help immensely when approaching a
> medical professional.  At my first class, when Shelly started talking
> about research on PubMed, I perked up and leaned forward.  I was
> stunned by all the evidence listed in Mondern Essentials.
>
> I will say I spent several months still hanging on to some
> reservations and trying to "catch" where doTERRA was wrong.  I had a
> few moments of "AH HA!  There it is!", but then would follow the
> research and evidence and realize they had it right.  After doing this
> several times, always finding I was wrong, I stopped.
>
> Your second biggest piece for medical professionals will be the
> safety, CPTG.   And of course letting them experience oils.  At my
> first class I chose Lime oil for my water.  Interestingly, I learned
> later from Daniel McDonald's live streamed class that Lime oil opens
> the heart.  Coincidence that I had Lime oil on the night I opened my
> heart to oils?  Maybe, but I think not.
>
> And to Suzy, I am in Columbia SC, but I have a database of the
> holistic physicians that were at the conference I went to, so
> depending on where you are I might be able to help you find one close
> to you.
>
> On Apr 11, 9:38 am, Cathy <cathyslilf...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> > One suggestion for those looking for an M.D. with a more holistic,
> > open-minded approach. Look up some local midwives and ask for some
> > references.  I did this and have bern very pleased with my family
> > physician.
>
> > On Apr 11, 6:56 am, Lynell <gentlebirth4b...@gmail.om> wrote:
>
> > > I am a student home birth midwife. I see everyday how far the pendulum has swung to one side with something as simple and natural as childbirth. The "experts" meaning the OB's know very little about normal. Dr. Hall hit the nail on the head, nutrition isn't even being taught. Just like women putting all this trust in their pediatricians who know a little but about a lot of areas. They aren't educated well in breast feeding, along with many other things. I've heard many moms say they went against their own instinct because their their doctor said to. That is what worries me the most.
>
> > > On Apr 11, 2012, at 8:22 AM, Patricia Leavitt <doterradisco...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > > Dr Hall,
> > > > Please accept my apologies for the "stupidity" word, I have a great deal of respect for the medical profession and your response is very insightful. It is frustrating at times and I know that eventually the oils will become part of their learning regiment. Not only oils but other methods of alternative wellness.
>
> > > > You are extremely kind to send such a well written, informative letter for all of us. There are times when it feels I am beating my head against a wall when I have people tell me their doctor advises them not to use the oils.
>
> > > > Again, thank you and I would appreciate your accepting my apologies.
>
> > > > Pat
>
> > > > On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 4:18 PM, Jeannie <jeannie25...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > > Very well said Dr. Hall!  You covered the entire spectrum and it was a
> > > > refreshing eye opener!
>
> > > > On Apr 10, 3:51 pm, Suzy Howard <suzyqhow...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > > > > Dr. Hall,
> > > > > I have two questions.  Where are you located and are you taking new patients?  That was a very well thought out and insightful response, and we all could use a Dr. like you.
>
> > > > > Suzywww.mydoterra.com/suzyhoward
>
> > > > > ________________________________
> > > > >  From: Rachel Hall <i...@expectingwell.com>
> > > > > To: Everything doTERRA <everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com>
> > > > > Sent: Tuesday, April 10, 2012 9:23 AM
> > > > > Subject: [Everything doTERRA] Re: A Drs comments to his patient about EOs
>
> > > > > Doctors make statements like that due to lack of an open mind and
> > > > > humility, not stupidity.  They have extensively studied one form of
> > > > > healing and get little to no education on alternative healing
> > > > > methods.  This process can create a very narrowly focused view with
> > > > > lack of awareness and acceptance to other healing arts.  No one is
> > > > > perfect, yet doctors are still held to that standard.  Many expect
> > > > > doctors to give them every answer and at that same time carry a huge
> > > > > distrust towards them.
>
> > > > > Doctor's lack of training in other areas is not their fault, in
> > > > > medical school we are barely taught nutrition.  The idea that food is
> > > > > medicine, food is information, that the body heals itself, is not part
> > > > > of traditional western medical training.  It is a symptom and illness
> > > > > based model, and illness is addressed with intervention not prevention
> > > > > or supportive therapy to allow healing.  We are taught to use and
> > > > > trust in the use of pharmaceuticals, including chemo.
>
> > > > > Our whole medical culture has drifted in the direction of ill = pill.
> > > > > I recently shifted my model of care into holistic/integrative
> > > > > medicine, and even in the conference I attended the idea of "this
> > > > > problem, this supplement" had replaced "this problem, this pill".  As
> > > > > a culture we still want the magic bullet.  Even on this forum I see
> > > > > people who are looking for it through oils, not wanting to accept that
> > > > > it is a program of wellness living, a lifestyle change.  There are no
> > > > > silver bullets, even here.
>
> > > > > The way Western medicine is taught also creates an idea of exclusion
> > > > > to other therapies.  Because of this I cannot even fault this doctor's
> > > > > lack of awareness/openess.  However, a doctor who cares about his
> > > > > relationship with his patient would have the humility to admit he
> > > > > doesn't know something, and hopefully offer to find out more so he can
> > > > > better address the treatment tried and the side effects experienced.
>
> > > > > When I came to doTERRA I was amused by how often in Modern Essentials
> > > > > or other places it was advised that you consult with your doctor.
> > > > > Prior to coming to doTERRA, if someone had come to me with any
> > > > > question about using the oils, I would have had NO CLUE how to
> > > > > repsond.  Had this happened, I likely would have requested the patient
> > > > > not use them until I had a chance to do some research.  I had an
> > > > > elderly patient with limited funds approach me about a very costly
> > > > > alternative therapy option she was considering.  What I was able to do
> > > > > for her is investigate the therapy, its claims and its likelihood of
> > > > > benefit to her, and present what I had found back to her to help her
> > > > > decide if the expense was worth it.  She came to me because she
> > > > > trusted me, and I wasn't about to let my ignorance, ego or anything
> > > > > else break that trust.
>
> > > > > So this is the only fault of the doctor, that he disrespected the
> > > > > trust the patient afforded him.  Unfortunately, there are many doctors
> > > > > like that out there, but even these doctors can be educated in areas
> > > > > of healing they know nothing about and even resist.  The pendulum has
> > > > > swung far to one side, it will return to the middle, but it will take
> > > > > time, patience, and grace in the meantime.
>
> > > > > Rachel Hall, MD
> > > > > Expect Wellness
>
> > > > > On Apr 10, 9:26 am, Sandra Hubbs <naturesmiracledr...@gmail.com>
> > > > > wrote:
>
> > > > > > Drs. say don't use the EO, but they will inject the poison Chemo in a
> > > > > > minute!!!  Go figure!!
>
> > > > > > On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 8:14 AM, Patricia Leavitt <doterradisco...@gmail.com
>
> > > > > > > wrote:
> > > > > > > Why would you need to debunk "stupid", and I do not call anyone that name,
> > > > > > > but his comment is so ridiculous. This is what happens when MD's have no
> > > > > > > clue about natural wellness. This is the reason that doTerra is working so
> > > > > > > aggressively with hospitals, doctors, medical professionals. You can give
> > > > > > > your family the Scientific Research brochure or you can go visit them and
> > > > > > > put some lemon in their water and explain to them the difference with our
> > > > > > > oils and any others. 's
> > > > > > > Oregano is a powerful oil, she needs to put lavender and FCO on the burn
> > > > > > > area to heal it. If she has waited to long she may have a scar but it will
> > > > > > > heal.
>
> > > > > > > Pat
>
> > > > > > > On Mon, Apr 9, 2012 at 10:25 PM, Amelia1968 <ameliasantido...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> > > > > > >> A fellow doterra lover and new eo user had an interesting conversation
> > > > > > >> w/ a family member today...long story short another family member had
> > > > > > >> used a HOT oil (thyme or oregano) topically WITHOUT dilution and it
> > > > > > >> had burnt her skin...for obvious reasons...she knew to dilute but was
> > > > > > >> sick and had just forgotten...anyway in going to dr after dr trying to
> > > > > > >> find out what was going causing her illness she told a dr about
> > > > > > >> getting burned by using the oils topically...he proceeded to tell her
> > > > > > >> that IF the oils burned her skin they would most definitely burn her
> > > > > > >> insides and now the non-doterra family member is upset that the user
>
> ...
>
> read more »

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://www.everythingdoterra.com

No comments:

Post a Comment