Thursday 5 April 2012

[Everything doTERRA] Re: Chronic insomnia - lavender not working to replace xanax

Another thing to think about is that Xanax is really strong. It is not
technically a sleeping pill, but more of an anti-anxiety pill and can
be habit forming, so if she has been taking it nightly for a long time
there is a dependence factor. Might want to treat her with oils for
addiction in addition to sleep problems (coriander is supposed to be
helpful). Also insomnia is hard and if chronic usually needs to be
tackled with lots of things. I have issues with it so I am speaking
from experience. Vetiver and Serenity or Lavender help me, but I also
take Melatonin and 5HTP at night before bed. Having a bedtime routine
to wind down is necessary with insomnia usually. She may need to cut
caffeine during the day if she is drinking coffee or soda other than
just in the morning. Another important piece is to just have the
bedroom for sleeping. Not watching TV and other stuff. I have a white
noise machine and a very, very dark room. The machine has a timer. I
set it for an hour. If I am still awake then I get up and do
something, as laying in bed fretting about not sleeping makes it
worse. The idea is to only associate the bed with sleep. These things
have worked for me, but it took time to figure it out. Also the person
needs to be committed to figuring it out with more natural ways.
Hopefully, you can help her with the oils and get her interested in
exploring some other ideas. Best wishes!

Andrea

On Apr 4, 6:38 pm, Tiffany <chevy...@cox.net> wrote:
> Try a citrus oil. Some people use Wild Orange or Lemon for sleeping
> issues. My daughter has trouble sleeping from time to time, and I put
> Balance on her neck, and Ylang Ylang and Vetiver on her feet. Knocks
> her right out!

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Everything doTERRA" group.
To post to this group, send email to everythingdoterra@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
everythingdoterra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://www.everythingdoterra.com

No comments:

Post a Comment